LL Bean: Spring 1964
The year is 1964, and this is LL Bean at its best.
(To convert prices to 2016 values, multiply by 7.65)
Some interesting highlights:
- The Bean Flannel Tartan Shirts made a comeback this year, in many of the same patterns.
- The Cordovan Oxfords would have been a steal at the price of $19.65, the equivalent of $150 today.
- The 10″ Maine Hunting Shoe is still offered by Bean and the design is largely unchanged. The price has varied very little as well.
- The 6″ Moccasin shares a lot of design elements with the current LL Bean Signature Ranger Mocs.
- The Suede Desert Boots have certainly made a comeback, and the current version (part of the Signature line) is again, nearly identical in design.
If you want to go even further back in time, check out the LL Bean 1933 catalog here